Process for cleaning your office
- Realize there is no free space to put down the paper you have in your hand without disrupting the order of other piles of articles, books, receipts and lifehack checklists in your office.
- Set aside some time to sort everything out.
- When time is due, go through all visible stuff that does not move quickly enough, and arrange it in three piles:
- These may be useful later - stuff it into drawers and cupboards
- These are useful now - leave them in visible piles
- Oh I forgot about these! - GTD them!
- Next, it's time to sort your drawers and cupboards. Open them up and inspect the contents.
- Sit down with your face in your hands and go "Ay ay ay".
- Recursively apply entire process to every container in your office.
I usually insert another step, to keep my sanity:
5.5. Goto step 1.